After you’ve ordered from a third-party seller, you can leave comments, feedback, and ratings to let other customers know about your experience. You have 90 days from the date of your order to leave your rating and comments.
Comments you leave about a third-party seller should be focused on your buying experience:
- How satisfied were you with how your order was packaged and shipped? (for products)
- How was the work quality and professionalism of the provider? (for services)
- Did you get good customer service and prompt resolution? (if applicable)
- Would you buy from this third-party seller again?
- What could have been improved about your experience?
The third-party seller rating system is 1 to 5 stars, with 5 stars being the best. A third-party seller’s average rating will appear alongside their name on our site. Before you leave a critical rating, make sure that you’ve given the third-party seller every chance to resolve the issue first.
Amazon reserves the right to remove feedback that isn’t directly related to the buying experience or violates one of our guidelines. If your comments include any of the following, your feedback is subject to removal:
- Promotional content: This includes anything of a promotional nature such as comments about or links to other merchants or websites.
- Obscene or abusive language: Please use helpful and appropriate language when participating in the Amazon Community.
- Personal information: You shouldn’t include information that identifies other Amazon.com visitors.
- Product reviews: It’s more appropriate to review product on the product detail page.Note: For more information about leaving product reviews, go to Customer Reviews.